Sunday, November 20, 2011

A nip and fall

Hello blogging world! After a long time of loving blogs I finally thought I would give blogging a try myself. Now be forewarned, this blog is not dedicated to one thing specifically, such as food, clothes, DIY arts and crafts, or traveling, no this blog is dedicated to a little bit of each of those things, in other words LIFE. The life of a broke college girl far from home. I hope ya'll enjoy my thoughts, opinions, interests and adventures!

Fall is quite possibly my all time favorite season. Waking up on a crisp autumn morning to a warm cup of coffee, walking outside in a great outfit and smelling the crisp scent of a cool morning. Leaves falling everywhere and the wind caressing your cheek. Not warm enough for a tank or tee, but just perfect for a simple cardigan or light jacket to keep you at the ideal temperature. Boots, scarves, hats, cardigans and layers come out of hiding in the closet and transform everybody's ensembles. And the smells, pumpkin, cinnamon, apples who doesn't love fall foods. Pumpkin spice latte, and Cinnamon Streusel Cake and you have an ideal afternoon.

Now don't get me wrong, I adore summer, love spring, and tolerate winter, but there is something about fall that is soothing. Being able to bundle up and have a warm drink without melting, but not out of need to warm up for risk of freezing to death. And yes, when summer is here I enjoy a cool glass of iced sweet tea, and some chocolate icebox cookies, wearing super cute jean shorts and a bright colorful tank top or sundress. But come time for fall and my boots are calling my name from the depths of my closet.

Fall has everything you could want great food, great clothes, great weather.  Winter has basketball, but fall, but  fall has baseball's crowning glory the World Series, (the one with the cutest boys) the end of the pro baseball season. And this year both teams that made it to the world series made me proud! Don't be fooled, I like sports, but I'm not a die hard fan or super sporty girl, I just like watching. And if I may not understand what is going on the field/court at all times, who doesn't like watching a great athletic feat being accomplished? And baseball just wins by default for being the All American sport, and having the most attractive men play it, though you must remember this is simply my opinion. But it also has football! And who doesn't like watching football on an awesome day?! Just another thing to give thanks for on Thanksgiving.

And let's not forget the shopping...ah glorious hours of walking around your local historic downtown, window shopping in those great antique, vintage, home decor, consignment and thrift store every town has. Getting all dressed up to go consignment store shopping, and then meeting a friend a local tea room for lunch or afternoon tea, is one of the most enjoyable things in my life. And the clothes you can buy/wear in the fall! Oh, the glorious clothes. If you love leggings, boots, leg warmers and all sorts of sweaters and cardigans, there is no way you can't adore fall. This is the time of year, when you can wear those great simple dresses you have in the closet in so many different ways, people will think you have an endless supply of fabulous dresses!

Yes, fall has many things to offer. I already love fall and hopefully you love my reasons why. :)

4 comments:

  1. haha. another reason to love pinterest. super happy I found your blog. totally following. If you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my fashion blog. It's all about the adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world! Love your name :) You will find that people on here are extremely positive and supportive. I am so happy I started my little blog just 2 months ago! SO happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on deciding to start a blog- I just started mine recently too and it's been so fun!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah congratulations on being a new blogger!! I was nervous when I first started, but it has really got my creative juices flowing! it also helped me discover what my true style was and my passion for styling. I wish you the best of luck and all success!!

    ps. love fall and a good cup of joe, it does not get much better than that :))

    hilaryelise.com

    ReplyDelete