Monday, November 28, 2011

Krazy!

Hello all you wonderful people, i apologize for not sharing my Thanksgiving happenings, but there really wasn' tall that much to share. My Thanksgiving day was wonderful, and Black Friday shopping was nuts! We stood in line at Target for about an hour and it was freezing!! I honestly don't remember it being cold in Texas.

However this past weekend a few things did make my blog worthy list.

1.) La Madeline's Restaurant and Bakery in Fort Worth, Texas.
This place is ah-mazing!! I have not gone to France....yet, but I will be there this summer. And I have had a lot of quite amazing French food, but nothing like this. I had the quiche florentine, a fresh baked madeline cookie, and their strawberries Rovmananov! Of course i took a picture of these marvelous concoctions! 
oh and their French roast coffee, delicious! Their display of baked goodies is gorgeous and their bread is delicious like everything else there!                             I look a bit rough in the picture below, but i had to document the outing! 

2.) Collin Street Bakery, Corsicana, Texas

This entire town is adorable, add an old fashioned bakery and its just plain marvelous!
this place has the best macaroons i have ever tasted as well as to die for cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies! 



3.) Amish Restaurant, Fudge Factory and Bakery, Somewher in Oklahoma! 

I saw this place on our way down to Texas and I knew we would have to stop there on our way back, and look at that we did. Even though we didn't get to see any real amish people, it was quite a fun stop, and it gave us chance to stretch our legs, go to the bathroom and get some more yummy goodies, (as if we didnt have a car full of delicious treats my uncle got for us in the last two bakeries!) 
I bought some fresh bread, amish apple butter, trail mix and two pieces of fudge! We've already tried everything and its quite good, the fudge did not meet our high standards, but who are we to judge. I mean its chocolate! I also love the festive air and the Christmas decorations! 


4.) Our long 8 hr trip was rewarded with being reunited with all my girls and a normal midnight wal mart run for Christmas decorations, as well as late night of studying already! I'm not a super good student, I've just procrastinated a few papers and finals are 2 weeks away!! Crazy indeed. I'm already on my 4th cup of coffee , but contrary to what some may say, I do NOT have a problem. It was simply extremely hard to get out of bed at 7:30 this morning!


5.)Our wonderful speaker at chapel this morning! Kenny Luck
He spoke about the lack of Alpha men in our culture today, and made some great points about the need for good Christian Men leading us in the community, churches, and relationships. But also the role of us women in this process, to be respectfully submissive and loving toward our brothers. This doesn't mean submitting blindly, but working together with them in the world. Giving them the respect and support they need.

Well that's all for now I will try to keep up this week, but I will be living in the Library for the next 3 weeks so I make no promises, Though that might be when I blog the most since I will be on my laptop 24/7, maybe I should say no promises about studying the whole time!

Happy Start of the Countdown to Christmas! :)

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
~Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. YUM! That cafe looks amazing! Sounds like a pretty good thanksgiving to me!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete